CPAP Therapy – Denton, TX
A Tried-and-True Sleep Apnea Solution
When people often think of sleep apnea treatment, the first thing that pops in their head is CPAP therapy. Continuous positive airway pressure devices are considered the standard treatment option for sleep apnea because of their proven success rate and effectiveness. In fact, researchers estimate that around 75% of individuals with obstructive sleep apnea who use a CPAP machine resolve their symptoms related to daytime fatigue. At Star Sleep & Wellness in Denton, CPAP therapy is one of many sleep apnea treatment solutions available to you. Call our office today to learn whether you qualify for CPAP therapy in Denton.
How Does CPAP Therapy Work?
CPAP therapy is a non-surgical at-home treatment option that’s designed to relieve symptoms associated with obstructive sleep apnea. All you do is wear a mask over your nose or face, depending on the style of the device that’s recommended for you, and it will push compressed air into your lungs to keep your airway free of obstruction. This prevents snoring and helps you get high-quality rest.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a CPAP?
CPAP therapy is excellent for patients who are exhibiting symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea, including:
- Waking up gasping or choking on air
- Chronic daytime fatigue
- Irritability and moodiness
- Inability to focus or concentrate
- Loss of libido
- Chronic snoring
If you’re affected by one or more of these symptoms, please call our office to schedule an evaluation. Our team is here to help you find relief by providing you with personalized, timely, and appropriate sleep apnea treatment.
Advantages of CPAP Therapy
While some patients view CPAP therapy as a cumbersome approach to treating sleep apnea, it offers many advantages that are important to consider, such as:
- Improved heart and overall health, including lower blood pressure, reduced occurrences of arrhythmia, and reduced risk of heart failure.
- Minimized stroke risk due to improved sleep quality and oxygen flow.
- Fewer instances of daytime fatigue, benefitting your personal and professional life.
- Reduced risk of drowsy driving, which can have severe consequences.
- Improved mental health, including reduced symptoms of depression.
- Minimized snoring, which can especially be a benefit for your partner!
Is CPAP Therapy Covered by Insurance?
With a diagnosis, CPAP therapy is typically covered by medical insurance if you have met your deductible already. These devices are considered medical equipment, so proper pre-authorization is completed by our team to minimize surprises and out-of-pocket expenses. We’ll review your plan with you and identify ways to maximize your benefits to make treatment as affordable as possible.